Happy Summer one and all! I hope you are enjoying the summer, and are keeping safe, both from COVID and this rather oppressive heat.
At the June meeting of St. David’s Church Council, we made decisions about the church reopening. Even though the province is opening up, we are taking a more cautious approach to re-opening, and all restrictions will remain, with some changes:
- masks are still required - our congregation likes to sing, and we need to make sure that we do so safely.
- hand sanitizing will still be expected, as will distancing
- attendance capacity will rise to a maximum of 70 in the sanctuary, and 30 in the C.E. Wing
- we are still maintaining a contact tracing list on Sunday's - signing up in advance is recommended for anyone attending Sunday worship https://signup.com/go/KXeievD
- to maintain an accurate contact tracing list, congregants need to check in at the greeter station ~ entrance into the church on Sunday's is through the doors of the Narthex. Please do not enter through the "West Side Door" of the CE Wing.
- mid-week groups can start, but will need to be masked and practice distancing
In September, the Church Council will make decisions about the next steps to full reopening. I know that some of you may think we are being overly cautious, but we all just want to be safe.
Take care of yourselves, and each other. Have a wonderful summer, and see you in Church!
St. David’ s Church Council Chair