St. David’s United Church’s history goes back to the 19th century with the establishment of Methodist and Presbyterian Churches in the Leduc area. These congregations amalgamated in the early 20th century and later became part of the new United Church of Canada when it was established in 1925. Clearwater United Church amalgamated with St. David's in 1966. A Cairn celebrating the Clearwater congregation is located in the Clearwater Cemetery south of Beaumont. In 2009, Beaumont United and St. David's United amalgamated.
The current sanctuary, which is lined with colourful stained-glass windows, was built in the 1950s (the interior was renovated in the 2000s). It seats about 240 people. The Christian Education wing was built in the 1970s. Both parts of the building have ground level access.
Out in the churchyard are a garden shed modeled after the Clearwater United Church, a beautiful, relaxing Memorial Garden (overseen by a 100+ year old willow tree) and a meditative Labyrinth.